HOME MADE CLEANING LIQUIDS FOR YOUR PRISTINE PLEASURE: The Essentials
We see ourselves as magicians when it comes to keeping Nigeria clean. Now, we are going to be sharing some of that magic with you. Curious? you should be. If you are struggling to find cleaning products on empty shelves, look no further because we are going to be sharing with you, effective, natural home cleaning liquids that will keep your home morning fresh. With just a flick of your wrist or wands, you will become a cleaning wizard just like us. Let’s get started.
First things first, the cleaning essentials. These natural products will kick grime to the curb and keep your wallet happy.
- Table salt: An effective cleaner – thanks to its granular texture – used to remove stains, clean drains and brighten up laundry.
- Lemon: It contains both acidity found in juice, along with grease-cutting oil contained within its skin to create a great cleaning sidekick. Frequently used for its fresh and clean scent, it is also used to polish copper and remove rust.
- Baking Soda: A great wing-man in any of the products we will be sharing with you because of its mild alkali and ability to dissolve dirt and grease easily. It can be added to essentially anything by just sprinkling on the surface and rubbing with the cleaning product. It also provides that natural abrasion, so instead of using a powdered cleanser, you can use some baking soda instead.
- Dish-washing Liquid: A pH neutral cleaner. It is not too acidic and not too alkaline.
- White vinegar: It deodorizes, mildly disinfects, descales, and degreases.
- 70% Rubbing Alcohol: A very effective disinfectant.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: The same as oxygen bleach and similar to borax. It breaks the bond between dirt and surface; a natural whitener people often use to replace bleach, dye hair or whiten their teeth. We suggest keeping it in dark (opaque) bottle because it can to H2O and become non usable when exposed to light.
- Essential oils: For scent. Be sure to choose smells that work for you. We recommend lemon or lavender which is anti-bacterial (use 10 drops in any of the products).
That’s all for now. In our next blog post we will be showing you how to mix these ingredients together to make our magical cleaning products. Till next time, stay safe, stay clean.